Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dont Stop Believin

So I know it's been a long time since I posted more than a meal plan, but it has been crazy.  Both my kids and myself are finally in school.  I have already had my first test even.  I just have this one course before I am on the top portion of the waiting list for the dental hygiene program. Yeah!  I'm sure I'll have a lot more time to blog after December, I just need to do it.  One of my distractions lately has been pinterest.com.  It is such an awesome concept, I wish I would have thought of it.
Follow Me on Pinterest

So today we went to Lowe's and built the cute police cars with working light.  In two weeks they will be having a fire truck with siren.  Afterwards we went to Kohls and picked up a Tonka toy for my son since he has been doing such a good job sleeping by himself in his bed.  I know he is four and he should have been doing this since birth, but he hasn't so it is a big milestone for us.  I might have mentioned this before but I think he has an attachment disorder of some sort.  He likes new things, but he doesn't like letting go of his old things, such as a too small pair of shoes.  The worst part about it, is he has a pretty good memory, so he doesn't forget what he had.  At the beginning of summer he remembered a shirt that he wore last summer, so it was a good thing it still fit.  I have to keep thinking of creative ways to convince him it's OK to get rid of these things. I think this ties into the fact that he has always wanted me to sleep in his bed, but then he is mad when he woke up and I was in my own bed.

Afterwards we went to Fareway and I tried to buy a lot of healthy foods.  I only ended up spending $29.52.  I also decided to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and buy the Eggies with my 20% coupon.  I have to still provide breakfast for my son which is worse I think than providing lunch because he isn't much of a morning eater, like myself.  I also went to Costco and spent $52.05.  They have these cute small animal pillows (knock off pillow pets) with a blanket that are really soft for about $12, so I bought one for my son and two for my nieces since their birthday is coming up and they started preschool too this year.  I still need to buy some more food for the week and tomorrow my sister and I hope to make some meals to freeze since she started and new job.  We each picked two things, and are doubling the recipes to share with each other.  I hope to keep myself in check, and hopefully I wont spend again till next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment