Friday, November 30, 2012

Menu Plan

I have been busy trying to get my blood pressure under control and trying to lose some weight.  A couple of weeks ago I was getting nauseated at work. I have been having intermittently small chest pains that I have been blowing off. Then I decided to check my blood pressure at the store one day when I had a big headache. My blood pressure was 149/107.  I got me a little worried, but I decided to take some aspirin and go to work. The next day I checked again at the store and it was 152/110. This time I decided I should go to the doctor since it was going up and not down. After an EKG, being checked over, and $150 later I am now on blood pressure medication. They ran a bunch of test, I don't smoke, drink on rare occasions, I try to exercise. The only reason for my high blood pressure is hereditary. So now I am taking my medication and trying to keep my sodium in take at less than 1500 mg. I'm eating more vegetables and fruit, recording what I have been eating with MyFitnessPal app on my phone.



SaturdayPortobello Mushroom Burgers with sweet potato fries
SundayHealthy Crockpot Chili! brown ground turkey with 1 chopped sweet onion and 1 green pepper, put in crockpot along with 2 cans diced tomatoes (no salt added), 1 can dark red kidney beans, 1 can black beans, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Cook for 5 hours on low heat. Sprinkle with low fat cheese :)( taken from pinterest pin description)
Monday- Skinny chicken and broccoli alfredo
Tuesday- crispy baked tilapia with baked potato and roasted carrots
Wednesday-leftovers
Thursday-baked garlic brown sugar chickencheesy potato crisp, and veggie pasta
Fridayhoney chipotle turkey meatballs with rice, roasted Brussels sprouts, and corn
Saturday- veggie pizza on whole wheat crust

See Menu Plans every week at Orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment