Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Deep Dark Secret

I wouldn't say I have a lot of clutter that can be seen to the casual visitor. The one place that collects the most stuff is the kitchen. The other areas don't take too long to clean. This is because I have a deep dark secret. Every time I want to get rid of the clutter on the upper level of my ranch home, I take it to the basement.  The front of my house doesn't have any windows for the basement so a person might not even know I have one. Especially because the house tour stops on the first level.

I have tons of toys, books, and paper work I'm not sure what to do with. Some of it is organized, and some of it is lost.  I cleaned up a good chunk of space about a year back and now have a large plastic tote full of items I don't know what to do with. I have a couple small boxes dedicated to electric wires, cables, and  chargers to who knows what electric item. I have a large box of office supplies downstairs and a smaller flat plastic one in a kitchen cabinet. My daughter has collected piles of coloring and workbooks that will take her till she is 20 to finish.  Some of it just needs to make it upstairs to the trash or recycling. I do have a goal to try to go through it before a rummage sale in mid-August.  So far I have made little progress. I will have to try for 1/2 to 1 hour of unclutter/rummage prep time a day to get started. I guess cleaning your house is the same as working out. They say you just need to tell yourself you'll work out for 5 min and get yourself to the gym. Once you are there you are more likely to stay longer since your could stand 5 min, why not 5 more, and on it goes. We will see. I will try to take pictures because I know clutter fascinates some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment