Sunday, February 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday



It's Menu Plan Monday again. We have done our taxes, and since I went over budget all year, that tax money will be going to our debt.  Looks like I will be doing a lot of menu planning this year to try and cut down on take out which was a big expense last year. Since I am working part time and took a pay cut I have more time to menu plan and cook.  One thing that definitely deters me from going in drive thrus is the fact that my front windows don't roll down. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something. Here goes:

Monday- Golden Goodness Sandwich
Tuesday- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Sesame Wrap Chicken
Wednesday- fish tacos
Thursday- fish sticks and fries
Friday- Tuna Buger
Saturday- honey-glazed pork with garlic mashed potatoes & roasted broccoli
                (from Prevention Magazine, March 2011, pg 132)
Sunday- slow-cooked smothered porkchops

Check out more menu plan Mondays at orgjunkie.com.

Update:

Golden Goodness Sandwich- kid friendly, easy to make, breakfast, brunch, or lunch
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Sesame Wrap Chicken- very good, would make again
fish tacos- alright, easy to make, I'm not the biggest fan of fish tacos
honey-glazed pork with garlic mashed potatoes & roasted broccoli
                (from Prevention Magazine, March 2011, pg 132)- this was good but time consuming
slow-cooked smothered porkchops- these were alright, the meat was flaky but was a little bland for me. nothing to write home about

No comments:

Post a Comment