Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've Got Feeling

Today I'm feeling crafty.  Tommorrow we are having a baby shower for my daughter's 4-H leader.  Now mind you I am one of the only mom's who has a job and kids don't go to home school, so I often feel less than super mom around these ladies.  I have a lot of respect for those who seems to have it all going on and organized.  So I looked around the internet for homemade decorations and found this site with some great ideas.
http://www.fun-baby-shower-ideas-and-more.com
I'm going to make the roses out of baby socks and maybe put them in a bottle for a vase.  I also would like to make the banner.

Cost Breakdown:
Walmart: baby socks 10pk in white $5.88
Michaels:  wire $1.99
                tape $1.99
               plant stakes $2.99
total:  around $12.85 plus tax


Since April is volunteer month my work is going to do the March of Dimes walk.  They want to have 25 people sign up and each raise $200.  To me that is a lot of money to raise.  We are going to try to have some inside fundraisers.  One thing I thought of was to silent auction some Easter baskets.  I also want to make these cute eggs for inside.

Cost:
Michael's
Stryrofoam eggs $4.49
Sequins ( I bought a big pack) $3.99
Pins for squins 800 count $3.49 ( I think I'm going to need another box, or two)
Total: currently $11.97 plus tax

I also love the idea of having Easter baskets with my kids name on them.  I hope to have a tutorial up soon on how I got this done, but first I have to start.




So on a side note: sometimes I hate to clean because I can't remember where I decided to store something.  Other times cleaning and absentmindedness have their advantages because I found these goodies in a bag I didn't unpack.  The Old Navy coupon expired a few days ago, but everything else is still good.  I'm going to keep working on this "a place for everything and everything in it's place" because I'm sure someday I'll be able to find everything I need, when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment