Friday, July 1, 2011

Fourth of July To Do List

I just had to take this picture!
So 4th of July has always been a special holiday for me.  When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in South Dakota, where fireworks are legal.  They also lived out in the country.  They had a split level house and the upper level had a balcony off of the living room looking out the front yard.  One year the family bought a bunch of fireworks and we had a spectacular personal show.  I wish I lived closer since I still have family in South Dakota, but we have started to form new 4th of July memories.  The city parade goes right by my house, which is great because we don't even have to go anywhere.  I have always had pictures in my head of inviting people over to BBQ and to have fun before the parade, but I have a fear of being a host.  This year my daughter will be in the parade so I have told people that they could always come by to get a good spot.  Being that we are early in the parade route you are guaranteed candy.  My sister is also coming over, with her neighbors, and then I also told my friend she could come over.  Now I'm getting a little nervous.  I really don't know how to pull this off.  So I am going to have hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, lemonaide, watermelon, fruit, and maybe potato salad (scroll down the link) if I can pull it off.

So today I need to:
finish putting clothes away
clean kitchen
30min pick up
wash the floors
go to Joanne Fabric's for a good scrapbook sale
price match at Target
Hy-Vee for 2 day 4th Sale
return pop cans
move containers to the basement from garage that were in the rummage sale

I'm sure there is more I need to do and the parade is on Sunday so I still have Saturday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment