Monday, January 30, 2012

Forced Change


I like to be able to plan things out and have a predictability to the future.  I don't like not knowing how things are going to turn out.  Everything was going great.  I enjoyed my job, I had a daycare that I liked, my son started a new school, we could pay all our bills with some left over.  We were trying to find new ways to push ourselves ( see my post on 30 things to do in my thirties).
On my birthday, I had the day off, but was asked to attend a mandatory meeting at the store.  The meeting was short and didn't say much except we are all going to have individual meeting to discuss our future in the company.  The next day I had my meeting.  I was told they were going to cut my hours by 10, and I was going to have some odd hours on top of that.  I could switch positions and keep my pay, with an unpredictable schedule, or I could take a package.  After discussing with my husband I decided to take the package and move on.
After seeing all the changes taking place I am glad I left, especially since I have already been going back to school to become a dental hygienist.  I wont graduate for another 4 years since I am on a wait list, but I look forward to this career change.  The hardest part was when my daughter realized she wasn't going to go back to her daycare, and she would miss all the new friends she has made.  I hope when I do find a job that she will be able to go back and see her friends again.  I think of this as a good thing and this was the push I needed to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment