Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Look What I Found!



So yesterday was quite a day, and here I am up at 3am with my knee hurting today. (I didn't wake up due to my knee, but due to a husband who goes to work un-Godly early.)  Yesterday, I crawled out of bed and took the kids to school, then a trip to Walmart and Costco.  I want to start a price book, but it seems really intimidating to do, I'm not sure why.  I started with Costco since they don't have too big of selection, and a lot of good deals.  It took me about 2.5 hours to write down everything I would buy from that store, and I'm sure I got some looks with my empty cart and piece of paper.  I was starving when done even with my two free samples, but I spent a lot of money at Walmart and $40 at Costco (not hard to do).  So I raced home since I wanted to see what I could do to start dinner.  I wanted to use my Mom's bread maker, but it didn't want me to apparently because it wouldn't start mixing.  After picking up the kids I went to buy store bought cinnamon rolls since I wasn't able to make dough in the bread maker, and I found the above dead spider in my bread pan.  I'm not sure when was the last time I used this pan but apparently where I store it is a nice spot for little creatures.

I also wanted to post about breakfast and I know this picture below doesn't look appetizing, which it really wasn't, but here is the story:
I've been trying to eat more fiber because it is good for you, and I found a generic brand of fiber full cereal at Hy-Vee with no sugar.  My daughter is learning about nutrition in class, so I'm trying to show her what I know about label and nutrition too.  So the other day we both tried this cereal, and she couldn't eat more than a spoonful.  I had to resist the urge to put sugar on mine.  So this is the solution I came up with so it is more edible and it's not going to waste.  I combined it with my Cheerios, and it was better, not the best, but better.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and saw this post about the cereal. I mix Fiber One and Cheerios all the time...that's the only way I can get it down! After awhile you get used to it and it's not soo bad.

    ReplyDelete