Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

It was a sea of green today, as people packed the streets for the approximately 7 block parade.  In the middle of the route was a side street full of vendors to provide green beer, etc.  It was a low key Mardi Gras, with no boobs, but lots of beads.


I'm not sure about this guy, but I think he has been waiting for the perfect time to bust out this necklace to wear.

I couldn't believe how curly this girl got her hair.  I'm still not totally convinced it wasn't a wig.

There was real and fake leprechauns alike in the parade.
Some things were relevant to St. Patrick's Day, others I'm not so sure.


Of course there was beer represented.

Beards were dyed, as were some animal's fur.  I think I was in shock when I saw the green tinted dog, I wasn't able to take the picture to show.

And what would be St. Patrick's Day without a Uncle Sam in a green kilt.

Here are some links to St. Patrick's day fun:

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
~Irish Blessing 


No comments:

Post a Comment