Tuesday, April 24, 2012

10 Favorite Beauty Products


I have recently added my picture to the website.  I thought it would help people to connect with me more, and make me more of a person than words on the internet.  In the picture I am wearing makeup, I took it before I went on my interview.  I personally hate wearing makeup.  A lot of times foundation makes my eyes water, and that really is irritating.  As you can see in the photo above, I have vitiligo.  I'm thankful that it hasn't spread to my face, because I would be really self conscious.  I also have had acne since eleven,  and bruise easily.  Even with all these things, I prefer the natural look, and I don't feel people stare too often.  I saw this link up on Absolute Mommy, hosted by Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby and Flats to Flip Flops, and thought I would see if I could come up with 10 beauty products.



1. Dove deodorant: must have for smelling great and I love how it is soothing.
2. Cetaphil moisturizer: I always put this on after a shower, but I've been trying to use it more often.
3. Up and Up dual-treatment moisturizer oil free
4. Norwex body cloth- I use this to wash my face twice a day.
5. Sally Hansen Eyebrow, Face & Lip wax- I save money by waxing my own brows
6. slanted tweezers- for the other days of the week to pluck brow hairs
7. scrubby loofah from Walmart- I find this in the soap & body wash aisle, it is a tube like item to put soap inside and it has a string to keep the bar inside.
8. Gillette Venus razors- since I started using these I have less nicks
9. Conair flat iron- I just discovered I love my hair flat!
10. dental routine: glide floss, soft toothbrush with Colgate, Kirkland mouthwash and 2 min of fluoride brushing


"Now... it's your turn!
Grab a button & link up!
{you don't have to follow the "theme" to link up, it's just a prompt!
Any & every Tuesday10 list is welcomed!!}"
-Lena

3 comments:

  1. Great list!
    Thanks for linking up!
    So happy that you love the natural look! And I actually know quite a few people with vitiligo and I basically don't even notice it anymore... it's just part of who they are & a something that sets them aside from everyone else! Still very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, it's fun link up. The only time you can see my vitiligo is in the summer when I get darker, otherwise I am so white in the winter it blends in. The worst place for me is where it started: my arm pits. I have like 3 shades of skin under there and people seem to notice that the most. I think it is becoming more common, which is good and bad.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Lena and I! Thanks for sharing about your vitiligo..very brave and you are beautiful!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete