Friday, April 13, 2012

How to Greet Your Man


My husband came home yesterday, and said "What's going on?"  What I couldn't see was that he was on his cell phone talking to his friend, I was sitting on the couch with my laptop. This made me angry.  So when he asked me if I knew our daughter's lunch was in the fridge, the tone of my answer made him get off the phone.  What followed was a spat about greeting each other and how neither one of us jumps up at the site of the other coming in the door.  So I did what anyone in this century would do: I swagbucked how to greet your man.  If you would like to see the unhelpful results go ahead and do the same, but I'm sure you can imagine what I came up with in doing so.  So am I really the time of wife who is going to get up when her husband come in the door?

I'm sitting here watching on Netflix: Married in America 2.  It is very interesting.  They are talking with couples after they have been married for 5 years.  I think if we got interviewed as a couple it would reveal more than when we are just talking to each other.  One couple talked about how they need to tell each other what they want instead of just assuming.  We have all this ideas in our head of what the perfect wife does and what our husband should do for us just because he is our husband.

Sometimes my husband will surprise me.  I remember one time we were talking with our insurance agent and she commented on paying for college for our daughter.  My husband flat out said he would never do that, she needs to work for it, something he says often about a lot of things in our life.  But she was able to pull it out of him that our daughter could get him to pay for college with a pull at the heart strings.  I don't know if I would have been able to get that truth out of him.  Most of the time I take what he says to heart, without realizing that a lot of what he says is out of protection for himself.

So I'm going to try to be better about greeting my husband, in hopes that he will see my effort, and reciprocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment