Monday, May 7, 2012

Spending

I wanted to write this post Saturday, then I wanted to do it on Sunday, but it's Monday and here I am finally getting to it.

I had to return the Kirby attachment I bought the other week because I don't think my vintage Kirby vacuum is strong enough to make it work.  Than gave me a refund of $26.50, but I also bought a mirror/window cleaning cloth for $8.47.  I wanted to buy new curtain rods for my daughter's room so I could fit up her decorative rods.    That cost $2.06 at Walmart for two rods.  I went shopping on Friday with my sister and bought a pair of pants to work out in, cost $6.36.  I bet my daughter at the store that we already had this Skylander.  I lost the bet because we have one that looks similar, cost $1.  I had to buy my daughter deodorant (a post in itself), cost $2.46, Walmart.

Cost of misc personal and household items: + $5.61
Gas: $26.36 (I budget $40, so +13.64)
Groceries: $141.78 (over by $101.78)
Eating Out: $20 (over by $20 because I try to avoid eating out but seem to do it every week)

I spend almost $75 at Fareway this last week because ground beef hasn't been on sale for awhile, and they had 85% for $1.99 a pound.  I bought 20 pounds of that plus $9.53 of country style pork ribs.  Cereal was also on sale so I got 4 boxes.  I now have a good supply of chicken and about 3 months worth of ground beef in my freezer.

Tonight we were supposed to eat at home, but it was 6:40 by the time we were able to eat so I spent $12.32 on McDonalds.  Everyone, including me was so hungry by that time that I didn't even want to think about cooking.  I should have cooked something the night before, so we could just warm it up, but I just didn't make the time.  I'm going to try my best to not eat out for the rest of the week, hopefully even on Friday when we leave for out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment