Monday, January 28, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


It is January 27, 2013 and I have finally packed up all the Christmas decorations. I had the two cardboard boxes filled with some supplies but I filled one will things to get rid of and the other one I was able to just empty into my other containers. My next step will be getting them into the basement. I did keep my lights even though I had a lot of burned out lights in 3 stands. My husband didn't think it would be a good idea to throw out expensive lights without trying to fix them. We will see what will happen next year.

Starting today is a 10 week healthy challenge at work. I am on a team and we have competitions to see who can lose the most weight and who is the most active. I would like to start everyday with 30-60 minutes of walking on a treadmill. This week I have power yoga schedules on Monday and Wednesday night. I would really like to get back in my running routine but I'm not sure yet. I just read The Primal Blueprint: Updated and Expanded (Paperback Edition) so now I have new thoughts on what I should be eating and how I should exercise. In his book he suggest eating no grains, more meat and vegetable, and exercise less. Right now I am stuck at 132 lbs. I tried doing Crossfit but I burned out quick. It is too intense of a workout to do everyday. I couldn't find any advise on beginning Crossfit besides doing less but I have a tendency to push myself and then get down when I can't do the workout and quit.  I am still having heart burn issues. I am trying to figure out what is causing all my heartburn. I'm under a lot of stress keeping up with 40 hours a week, two kids and my husband who works long hours, but I would like to think the cause is my diet. The hard part of starting the Primal Diet is the cost. I have found some helpful websites:

Mark's Daily Apple author of The Primal Blueprint
Whole9 30 Days to Change Your life

There are a lot more out there but these are just some I came across on Saturday. I searched for Primal on Pinterest and was able to come up with the some blogs with recipes who listed their favorite websites. I had no idea this other world existed.


But for this week we will be having:
Monday- homemade spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and whole wheat noodles; (I'm going to make spaghetti squash noodles to have with the sauce)
Tuesday- steak tacos, and I will have a steak salad
Wednesday- pizza; I'm going to have pizza frittata
Thursday- chicken salad
Saturday-
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: wild rice with crispy chicken
Sunday-
Breakfast: banana crepes
I'm not sure if out meat will be organic this week, but I'm going to see how it goes.
See more menu plans at OrgJunkie.com


No comments:

Post a Comment