Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Gifts

So I know Teacher appreciation started yesterday so I should have posted this before then, but I just didn't get around to it with 4-H and play dates and working.

For this gift I was able to buy a box of 5 Uber Larabars. They were $5 at Target and I used my shopkick Target gift card so these were free. I also bought a $5 Starbucks Gift card. I started by placing a piece of lined school paper over the box and tracing the uber word, and then cutting the paper to the size of the box. Next I cut a hole for the Starbucks symbol, and then cut a blue piece of construction paper to fit the box as well. I cut the hole for uber again on the blue paper and then glued it to the box with a glue stick. Next I glued the school paper's top half to the box lining up the hole for the work uber, and then I lifted up the bottom to position the gift card and used tape on each side to hold the card in place. It says: "Dear Mr. B, Thanks for being an uber fantastic teacher and making us stars! Love Students and Parents of "insert room #.""
I also curled some of the left over school paper with some white curling ribbon for a bow.


 Here is the tutorial for the boxes I made with 12" x 12" scrapbook paper:
Here is the tutorial for this bow:
I cut 6" x 6" squares from scrapbook paper and put a 4.5" x 4.5' blue paper with "Thank You!" on it and sandwiched them together with a skew in between for a display for the teachers lounge. I will put the gift bow on bags of mixed snacks I bought at Hy-Vee.

No comments:

Post a Comment