Thursday, May 9, 2013

Will This Workout, Workout?


So according to my height and weight, I am overweight.
In the Spring of 2012 I started to train for a Half Marathon after losing my very active job in February. I was able to easily run the Half Marathon with all the adrenaline and side line motivation, but a few weeks later I found myself at the doctors office with high blood pressure. I weighed 140 lb, and at 5', this is 12 lb overweight. My doctors never said anything about losing weight but I was shocked at the amount since it had been awhile since I stepped on the scale. I was always the bigger girl out of the three of us, but I did lose 15 lb in my first year in college. Before I got pregnant with my daughter I was 110 lb and wore a size 4. It has always been my goal to get back to this state after two kids, but I was 20 at the time.
By changing my diet to eating less wheat, and trying to follow the Paleo/Primal diet while exercising I was able to shed 10 lb. I am now working to be at least 125, since weight fluctuates by a few pounds everyday. At work we have been having a lot of motivational things to sign up for and keep on track. Currently I am doing the ShapeUp Challenge and keeping track of my steps, workout time, and weight. I had no idea how few steps I take in a day considering I have a desk job.
Sunday I started the Shrink a Size in 14 Days plan by Prevention. I measured by biceps, thighs, waist and hips to compare again at the end. I also used the Paint Program to make a chart so all the exercises are on one sheet of paper with the treadmill instructions and printed them to look at while working out. This makes it easier than looking at the computer because I could get sucked in to doing other things. So far it has been a challenge. My legs were sore after day two. It is a walking workout,but its speed walking. With my short legs it is intense. In two weeks I will post how many inches I lost and how much I weigh. I know there is no miracle cure and it what works for one person won't work for another, but I know surfing the internet doesn't make me sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment