Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reading to the Older Child


Since my daughter could read on her own I have read to her less and less. Recently she has asked that I read to her again. She loves to read on her own, but it also gives us time to spend together. So I have been reading to each kid separately each night. I have been looking at Pinterest for ideas, and also discovered that Oprah has suggested books for kids.

I thought I would compile a list of books to read with my 10 year old in the future:

  
Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo


Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington  
I'll Be There by Holly Sloan
The Teashop Girls by Laura Schaefer
Endangered by Eliot Schrefer
The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo

No comments:

Post a Comment