Monday, January 19, 2015

Meal Plan Subscription

Most weeks I do have somewhat of a Menu Plan put together. I try not to eat out more than once a week, but even that seems expensive, especially if I have a few trips to the vending machine during the week too. I have been thinking more about subscribing to a Menu Plan so I can have it already put together and just go shopping. I can't cook ahead more than a meal or two because our freezer is packed 95% of the time.

Here are the Menu Plan subscriptions I am thinking about:

Bikini Body Mommy
-4 12 Week Plans, one for each season, each $29.99 then $9.99/ month after getting the Monthly Subscription
- healthy meals (gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free),  based on two people eating, but easy to increase for more people, nutrition information

eMeals
- 12 months $58; 6 months $48; 3 months $30 for dinners
- also can add breakfast, lunch and dessert plans for additional amounts
- 16 different meal plans to choose from

Plan to Eat
-$4.95/month or $39/year
-compiles recipes from web, others who use Plan to Eat or your own
-make a grocery list that you can see on your phone and puts recipes in to a calendar

100 Days of Real Food
- 5 7 day plans, free to sign up
- healthy real food at a low cost for a family of four

Saving Dinner.com
- Basic service $15/ 3 months or $47/year to get a pdf of recipes each week of 4 meal plans: Classic, Paleo, Low Carb, and Daytime
- Premium service is a application online and on your phone for $12/month or $120/year that has new menu plans each week plus you can look back on past menus and add to calendar and create a shopping list.

These all seem like they would be useful, but I don't know if want to spend money every month. I did sign up for the 100 Days of Real Food. I would like to do the Bikini Body Mommy because I am having success following her Challenge. I don't think eMeals will work since I have a feeling most of the menu would be something we wouldn't eat. Plan to Eat and Saving Dinner are similar, but I like that Plan to Eat has a mobile site for my phone so I can see/check off my shopping list. From the video it sounded like Saving Dinner has an app in the works. I know my weight loss can be accelerated if I just stick to a more healthy eating plan so I'm looking for something to help me stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment