Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1 week into Profile


One week into Profile and I am still sticking with it. I have my second coach appointment today.
With the New Year special I paid $99 for the coaching and scale, then I get 20% off of products. The first time I bought the products I received a reusable bag and when I bring it in I also get $.50 off. I spent a total of $174.09 for the coaching and food. Some products have enough for more than 1 week.

Stats-

My Current Medications: 10 mg amlodipine for blood pressures and I am one year in on having an IUD. Currently not taking any vitamins.

Starting Weight: 164.20 lb
Current Weight : 161.80 lb
Weight loss: 2.4 lb


The items I bought at Profile:

  • 25g Fiber Mocha Shake
    • Made my mouth feel dry, kind of chalk after but tasted good. Same for 15 g shake.

  • 15g variety pack of meal replacement
    • soup was hard to mix when following directions, but tasted good
  • 15g creamy chocolate hazelnut shake/pudding
  • Crunchy peanut pretzel bar
    • super good, best product I have tried
  • Lemon iced tea fiber drink
    • this was also very good, very lemony flavor reminds me of Lipton brand
  • Chicken soup 15 g
Day one,  I felt gassy and my stomach hurt. That could have been all the celery I had for a morning snack. I'm glad I worked from home on this day.
Breakfast everyday was a 25g protein shake, and first snack was 8 almonds or a little cheese. For the most part I had celery, carrots, cucumbers, and/or salad for lunch along with a 15 g protein product from Profile's variety pack, with cheese on the side. I accidentally misread the amount of regular salad dressing I could have so I ate 2 Tablespoons a couple of times before I realized my mistake. I had some Walden Farms salad dressing on hand, and it was on special this week at local grocery store so I also picked up some more. It is watery, and doesn't taste the same so I can't just eat it with lettuce. I always mix cucumbers, and/or carrots in to make it have more substance. Second snack was a bar and every other day I had a fiber drink. Dinner was chicken and a salad with cheese on the side. Last snack was a shake. Sat and Sunday I did have decaf hazelnut coffee with Walden farms creamer.

I so looked forward to having cheese! It taste so good, little Colby-jack delights. This weekend I roasted cauliflower, zucchini, and brussels sprouts to have for this weeks lunches.
I also made some meals for this week for my Profile by Sanford Reboot week dinners:
*note I am a basic at home cook with limited skills ;0)

Fajitas
16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast with fat trimmed, cut into 1" strips
fajita seasoning packet
3 bell peppers cut in to 1" strips
small onion cut in chunks
--I tossed everything in the seasoning then cooked the chicken in my cast iron skillet, then added the veggies and some water. I probably should I have just taken out the chicken so it didn't get over done but I didn't this time but will next time I make this. I separated into 4 containers for the week.

Chicken and Veggies Skillet
6 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons oil
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
--Mix above in freezer size ziplock.

16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast with fat trimmed, cut into 1" chunks
--Add to ziplock and mix to cover, put in fridge overnight.

16 oz fresh mushrooms, cleaned and chopped into 1/2" pieces
1 of each yellow, orange, and red bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
1 small zucchini sliced
--Start with adding the chicken, but leave the marinade in the bag. Once the chicken is cooked on each side I added the mushrooms, but (again) if I make again I would cook chicken, then take it out to cook the veggies. With the mushrooms I added the marinade. I cooked it till the mushrooms were tender then removed the mushrooms and chicken and put them in four containers. I left the juice in the skillet, then added the peppers and zucchini. The zucchini was done before the peppers so I took those and most of the juice out and put the juice in the containers. While cooking I alternated putting the lid on and off.  The marinade was adapted from the only soy sauce marinade I found that didn't have sugar, original is here: SweetLittleBlueBird.

It took a long time to get all this food together and I skipped jiu jitsu class Sunday to make some of this. I hope to figure out a way to make the process faster in the future. Work yesterday was full of temptations. Since this is our busy season they have almost every snack food you could want on hand, then they were making Bloody Mary's and Mimosa at 10am, and pizza for lunch. I so wanted to partake, but I ate my food I brought. Thankfully I wasn't sitting at the big table having to watch everyone eat all that good food since what I work on is different from the large group.

Some other items I have been eating:
Dill pickles
sugar free jello (considered Free item, can have up to 3 a day)
Powdered Peanut Butter (Free item) added to shake

Looking forward to when they allow more food into my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment