Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To Clean or Not to Clean

"Sweeping the kitchen and emptying the dishwasher? They're only noticeable if I don't do them."
-Slob Comes Clean post "Choosing the Hard Way" Nov. 3, 2009

I am reading all of Slob Comes Clean past post and this statement really stood out to me. My husband doesn't shower me with praise when I make the bed or do the dishes. Yet I think we have more arguments about piles of laundry or a filled dirty sink than most things. We tend to have difficulty in who should do what. I have been just doing what I can without trying to comment so much on what I have been doing. l am trying to worry more about how a cleaner house is making me feel, than trying to be a martyr mother. I do have problems with biting my tongue sometimes. Someday I will seek psychiatric help in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment