Friday, July 8, 2011

Pottery Barn Remake


I've had my eye on one of these backpacks since we went to one of the National Geographic events at the store. My son loves superheros of any kinds (remember this post). The price for the small backpack is $39.50 and the measurements are 12" wide x 6" deep x 15" high. I have been waiting months for it to go on sale. I contemplated making a registry and then buying something small to get a coupon, but that doesn't seem to be very economical and I will end up with something I don't need to save some money.  So my second thought is to make my own Batman Backpack.  I can buy one at JCPenney's.
This one is on sale for $29.99, orginally $40.  It is 16¾x13x8½".   If I wait for another $10 off of $25 coupon or use a $10 reward coupon, it would be $19.99.  Or I could wait for an even better sale but I don't think these will go too low before school starts.  Amazon also has them for $22.99 if I can find something to make the shipping free.  I figure I could get a black or grey one.  Then I will go to ebay and purchase a patch.
It has to be at least 2" tall by 3-3/8" wide to cover the Jansport logo.  The one I found would be $3.50 with free shipping and be 3.5" x 2".  So the total if I can get the backpack for $19.99 would be $23.49.




No comments:

Post a Comment