Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simple and Effective Clean Up

Before
Before
 This morning my kids were out of the house so I decided I needed to take the time to pay attention to something I have been ignoring.  I decided it would be the top of my washer and dryer.  This took a whole 10 minuets out of my day and look a lot nicer.  Now the picture on the left has a blue plastic item in the picture.  This is the missing piece to the game Mouse Trap which we couldn't finish because we were missing this crucial piece.  I have no idea how it ended up on top of the washer or why I couldn't see it over 5 times a week and not connect what this piece was, but I can't wait for next week so we can play Mouse Trap again.

After
After
 The basket on top of the dryer I use for a garbage can.  This I bought for the bathroom to decorate but my bathroom is too small for a lot of decor so I re-purposed it for my laundry room.  I also keep that business card to help scoop up the dusty crumbs when I empty the lint trap.  Whoopee, like brand new appliances!


We also took the kids sledding today.  My daughter has a snowboard that I got from Target about two years ago.  I believe it was $8 and it is so much fun.  I like to ride on it too, but I think I hurt my hip today in an awkward fall so I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow.  When you live in a place where it has a season of sweltering summers and frigid winters, you have to take advantage of all the things you can do. The snow isn't quite ready for snowballs yet, but I can't wait because the kids got a snowball maker from Santa I really want to try out.

Inspired by this link:
Which I found through:

Here is some links on organizing and cleaning laundry rooms:





1 comment:

  1. I straightened up my laundry room yesterday too. I had a pile of stuff on top of the dryer that fell over, so I figured it was time.

    ReplyDelete