Thursday, February 23, 2012

Learning Through Your Kids


I love the saying "you learn something new everyday", because it is so true.  My daughter is learning about Ancient Egypt, and brought home this book Unraveling the History of Mummies Around the World. I only thought mummies were in Egypt but apparently mummies have been happening all over.  There was a monk, named Tetsumonkai, who only ate  certain things to get rid of the fat and fluid in his body, and turned himself into a mummy to show religious devotion. I can't believe I haven't heard of this diet fad yet.  Chapter 4 on mummy fads is also very interesting.

My daughter loves non-fiction books, so I'm sad that there is only one more to this series.  The other one is about Vampires.

Let me know if you have found any good books through your children lately, or what your kids taught you today.  I love reading comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment