|Did you know Kathie Lee had a CD? Just one of my many adventures from this week.|
- Saturday I got my treadmill and Sunday I went to go use it for the first time. Then I noticed I didn't have the safety key and I left in in my Dad's van. Luckily he hadn't left for home, three hours away. So I made my husband go get it while I saved seats at my daughter's play.
- I spent Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday building up my endurance of boredom of running on a treadmill. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it. When I run at home it is so easy to jump off and stop. When I run outside, I have to run home otherwise I'm stuck.
- Wednesday I got really lost on my way to the drug screening for my new job. I was out in the middle of nowhere and I think even my GPS was confused on how to get me back on track.
- Wednesday night I texted my address to the wrong number when trying to sell my kids player off of Craigslist. One number really makes a difference. They didn't text back and I'm hoping they won't drive to my house either.
- I got gas on Wednesday and Thursday it went down $.02. Which is what usually happens after I get gas. Next time I'll let you guys know when I get gas, then you'll know to get it the next day cheaper.
- I ran around the lake on Thursday. There was another lady speed walking, so I passed her. But I do intervals so when I walked, she passed me. But then it was time for me to run again so I had to pass her. She probably thought I was a competitive b-otch, but really I was just trying to do my program.
- Thursday I had a small chip in my windshield from who knows what that happened who know when. It would have cost me about $55 to fix, but by the time I called insurance and made an appointment it cracked to larger than a dollar bill and cost me a $250 deductible. Next time I know that little chips, pay out of pocket without insurance so I don't have to pay 5 times as much.
- I went to Costco today. It was sooooo busy. I don't know how I'm going to be able to shop there once I have a job. They really need to improve their hours.
Progress: I did change my pillow cases once this week. I kinda lost them when my husband put his pants on top of the clean ones I had set aside. I did decent with drinking water this week. I'm trying a new deal with myself: I have to drink 24 oz of water before I have glass of pop. I really should not drink pop, but I'm addicted. I'm not sure how many miles I have ran/walked this week. Flossing could have gone better this week, and I usually do it if I go to bed at a decent hour.
M-$25 for son's t-ball pictures; $27.48 at Joanne's for fabric for a dress for my daughter; I took $20 out of the bank to pay my sister; paid $3 for my daughter to go to Girl Scout function to wear the dress
W- $7.02, my husband and I went out to lunch to use a Groupon I had to use before it expired; $33.60 on gas
Th- surprisingly $0
F- $26.21 for Hy-Vee Chinese and generic Dr. Pepper, $250 deductible on windshield
S- $13.53, milk, eggs and gogurt for my son's snack at school
That is two weeks in a row when I spent more than I made. I did have savings for the windshield and I sold my kids play set for $250 (how is that for a sad twist), so I kinda evened out on that deal. I spent $46.76 on grocery so I was over budget there, but I was under for gas by $6.40. It would have been better if I wouldn't have wussied out and bought the Chinese on Friday. I did make pizza for lunch and made my own sauce, but it was really salty and was disappointing. I have my grocery budgeted at $40 until the end of June, which is kinda low but I'm trying. This is only going to be harder once I go back to work.
One more week till I start a 40 hour a week job. I haven't done that since 2007 I believe. Pray for me.