Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Christmas Savings Club - September 2013 Edition


It is the 25th of the Month again and Family Balance Sheet is having a meeting for the Christmas Savings Club. I started saving for Christmas at the beginning of the year, but it is never to late to save for Christmas. Only 3 months till your family will be opening presents,( that is if you have Christmas on time).

My September transfer is in my online savings account. Only one more transfer and I will be at my goal. I wanted to be done a month early to be ready for any good sales. A few months ago I participated in a wellness program at work and I was able to earn $25 in amazon gift cards. This week started another session to earn $25 more. I just have to track how many steps I take a day and my fitness minutes to meet my goal for the week. This will give me an extra $50 to spend, plus Amazon has free shipping on select items if you spend over $25.

This month Family Balance Sheet also announced the theme for October is "31 Days to Find $1000". I'm going to look at my YNAB software for August and September to see if this is even possible for me. $1,000 is a lot of money and I'm pretty sure this doesn't involve robbing a bank. I have been working really hard this year to cut back but it seems every time I turn around it seems that something new needs to be paid.

Only 13 weeks until December 25th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment