Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday- Sept 27th

 



1. Today is a family lunch at my daughter's school. My husband doesn't think this is a good idea since there will be some kids whose family won't be able to attend since they work. I see where he is coming from, and it is the reason why I try to attend as many things for my kids. I always wanted my parents there for field trips and shows, but most of the time they weren't there.

source

2. I attended a meeting at my daughter's school about the Gifted program. I had no idea the school even had one, which I guess is to say my daughter isn't gifted. I feel a little jealous because my sister has two kids who are in a few different TAG programs. I'm trying not to sweat it though, because if I make it a big deal it will be a big deal to my daughter. I think she is smart, but they focus on math and reading which she is good at, but she HATES math. She loves to read but she likes to read at grade level and there is nothing wrong with that. I thing she should be in a gifted art program, but if they don't see it that is their problem.

source
3. I have mixed feelings about updating my iphone to ios7. My phone seems to die quicker and my Shopkick app isn't working too great! What is up with the disconnecting network? Apple or Verizon's fault? Whoever, someone needs to fix this! {end rant} I do like apple radio when it works, plus now your folders can have pages so now I have everything on one screen withing folders. It's the little things in life people.

source
4. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is out today and my hubby has been wanting to take the fam to a movie but we didn't heart Smurfs 1 and I didn't want to see Planes. (We did want to see Turbo but never did.)

source
5. I have to leave this on a sad note. Yesterday there was a tragic accident with a motorcycle, and a young father died. He left behind two children around my kids ages and it breaks my heart. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment