Monday, January 2, 2017

Update at 35

My last post was 6/27/2015. 555 days ago. I have wanted to blog but life has been busy. The kids are getting older. I have been getting involved in more activities. I changed companies and have to go farther to get to the office.

Yet today being my birthday, and New Year's Day observed, I have the day off. I was looking through a post about bullet journal list. One was about bucket list of things to do before a certain age of event. This made me remember I made of post I wanted to do in my 30's. So since I am now 35, I wanted to update to see where I am at on getting my list done.

Here is the last update I did.

1. lose 15lb 
I'm even farther from where I was. I was active, going to the gym and ran a few races. Now I can't seem to get a handle on fitting in exercise. I'm trying to work more on my weight. I'm thinking of trying one of those programs to help in this area.
2. get out of debt
We were out of debt all except the house. Then I got worn down and we bought a car. Then I realized time was slipping away and we needed really wanted to have more space for our kids. We need to get back on track with our budget.
3. save a 10,000 or more in 401K
I know I am almost there. I have some with an investor from rollover 401k and I am contributing at work.
4. visit somewhere south
LOL, not sure where I was thinking with this, but I haven't gone anywhere south.
5. visit Canada
I went to Canada this last October for work and it was great. I didn't get very far into Canada. I hope to go again with the family when I visit Seattle, Washington in the next year or two.
6. run a marathon
I could walk a marathon, but I don't think I can run one. I would definetly have to lose a lot of weight and hopefully my knees wouldn't give out. I was thinking last year about having 2016 be my last half marathon year, but I think I will be doing one in June.
7. graduate from college again
Since I changed careers I'm not sure if I would do this but going back to learn some new skills to help in my career.
8. change careers
I am now a Quality Analyst, which pays wells, so I am happy and love the people at work.
9. try a turducken
Maybe next thanksgiving? I think you can order them from Costco.
10. take a hot air balloon ride
Not yet, not sure if my husband would do this or not.
Have not read this yet. I might have given my copy away when I was purging my house. I might listen to it on audiobooks through the library.
12. remodel basement 
Construction will start at the end of January.
13. live a more organized life
I have started bullet journalling. I am trying so hard and got rid of a bunch of things and I am still trying to get rid of more.
14. bike in Ragbri with my dad
:0( My bike was stolen so not sure how I can get this done, unless I find a bike again.
15. pay off student loans
Done!
16. buy a Coach purse
Actually my husband got me a purse and wallet for christmas 2014.
17. own jewelry from Tiffany & Co.
I keep looking at the website. I got a knockoff necklace for free to wear and I really like it but the real one is too expensive right now.
18. have 50 Blog followers
Kinda hard when I don't blog. Need to get back at this. I did replace with see a live theater performance, I was thinking like Rent or something.
19. start golfing again
I was going to sell my clubs. I just don't have time so this probably won't get done. Things have changed in the last 5 years.
20. visit Disney World
Not yet, not planned or saved.
21. make lefse on my own
I did do this one, but only once. My sister makes her own which is better than mine.
22. learn to fillet a fish I caught
Maybe this summer. We don't fish a lot, but I have seen my dad do this many times. Also I'm sure I can find a youtube video on this too.
23. paint the rooms in my house/decorate my house
So far we have painted a bathroom and the kids rooms. Still need to work on the living areas and our bedroom and the other bathroom.
24. have a child graduate from high school
Still on track.
I don't think this was that realistic. 
26. meet/talk to someone famous
Depends on how you define famous. I have met with Gina Franssen, who was the only women black belt in jiu jitsu in the midwest. She is a great role model for girls. I started jiu jitsu in April of 2016 with my daughter.
27.volunteer on a regular basis ( at least 1/wk or 3-4 times a month)
Definitely I have been doing this. I am den leader to my son's cub scout den. I have started teach the tween/teen Sunday school since the fall of 2016. I help out at church with hosting, setting up our nativity event. I have helped lower income kids buy christmas gifts for their families. I have gone on a weeklong mission trip to help build a deck for an elderly lady in Kansas.
28. go to an event on New Years with my Husband
We have been to family parties but not an event. It is now easier to do since he has changed to a job that allows time off.
29. make something for my house with wood
When my bike was stolen, they also stole some power tools. Once we replace these I plan to make some things for the basement, like a desk or shelving.
30. go on a TV show
Not sure how I can pull this off living in the midwest, but I was thinking of being on a game show or something.
Now that I am 35 and I am 5 years into this list, I'm going to update it with some new things I would like to do in the next five year.

No comments:

Post a Comment